Thursday 5 February 2015

Sharing Personal Photos -- Acceptable?

Today a friend asked me if I would like to see a photo of his Girlfriend. Thinking he was going to show me a casual photo I said "yeah, sure" and looked over at his phone. Before my eyes was a photo of his woman, laid on a bed, posing for him butt naked. It was sexual, erotic and from what I could tell taken after (or before) they had shared an intimate moment.

Don't get me wrong. I have nothing against lovers sharing erotic, sexy or nude photos. I'm guilty of it myself, it's totally normal. What I am against is showing these photo's to people outside of the relationship. If I had gifted, or allowed my lady to photograph me in such manner and she decided it'd be okay to flaunt it about like it means nothing I'd be astonished, heartbroken and angry. Wouldn't you?

Are some people okay with passing around personal photos? Would you be okay with someone showing a friend a personal photo of you? Do you think it's totally fine to share a personal photo a lover has sent?

It's either me over reacting or this guy has zero respect for his girlfriend..

..I wonder what she'd think if she found out?

Why do I let these things bother me?

K.

No comments:

Post a Comment